Wednesday, 31 December 2008

New Year Reminiscing

Well, the New Year is on its way in and I'm in a reminiscing and positive frame of mind.

It's been a really eventful year. It certainly didn't start off that well but has been steadily improving and reminded me in many different ways of the ways in which I've been blessed. I've got back in touch with a number of friends I thought I'd lost, I've visited some amazing places, I've moved away from the things in my life that were causing me stress, I have my little cottage and I have a lot to look forward to. I've also found, since I started blogging about the development of my cottage and other oddities that occur to me, how touching it is when strangers reach out to share common experiences and it really does begin to restore your faith in human nature. So to that end, thank you for 2008.

As to 2009, well I have a lot that I want to achieve in the coming year. There's no guarantee that I'll manage it all, but I'd like to think of the New Year as a catalyst for moving towards a better life.

  • Start work on the cottage, and get it all shipshape within a couple of months
  • Picking up some bargainalicious bits and pieces, and keeping it thrifty
  • Get out with the dear old dog a lot more and perhaps get a friend for him
  • Work out what I want to do with my life career-wise, and finally find something that suits me
  • Spend some time chilling out and paying myself some attention, and stop worrying what other people think
  • Do a bit more excercise - Walking, trampolining and perhaps a dance class
  • And to eat a little more sensibly ... healthy food, more organic food, home grown food and drink. To know what's going with my food because I know where it comes from

Before all that, there's a lot of packing to be done, so allow me to wish you all a very happy new year and I hope that it brings you much love and happiness.

No comments: