Monday, 29 December 2008

Home Sweet Home

Well, what a Christmas, chez Elemental Grace!

I completed the sale of the house on Tuesday, which made for the best early birthday present of all time, and wandered down to see my new place on the way down to Cornwall for Christmas. The waiting was terrible, like holding your breath for weeks on end.

We popped in for a quick gander (you know, since we were passing and all) and it was so nice to be back in the cottage, and knowing that it was mine - I walked around it grinning like a fool, and just couldn't seem to stop. There's something about the place that just drew me, and everything about it just seems friendly and 'right'. I can see myself being happy there, in a way I couldn't when I viewed all the other places. I'm a great believer in following your instincts, and I truly feel that this is absolutely the right place at the right time.

I couldn't stop smiling as we went round. There are so many things about it that I like. The light and airy feel to it, the slightly tardis-like quality, the walls that aren't perfectly straight, the hidden recesses and the way that it gives me a sense of being a part of a history. There is a sense of the little things that somehow make up a whole that opens up its arms and welcomes you in. It secretly whispers in your ear that you don't have to be on your best behaviour because it's glad you've come to visit and likes you just as you are.

So here are some photos I thought you might like of the new pad before we get any furniture into it and start knocking walls down.







The Front Door



The Living Room (just as you go in)


The bathroom (to be knocked down) in between the living room and kitchen






Various of the kitchen (to be replaced and refloored)






The master bedroom (see what I mean about the tardis-like qualities?)






The second bedroom :)

4 comments:

Pretty Practicals said...

Hi, what a lovely cottage. You must be thrilled to have completed on it, it's such a special feeling to walk around a new house thinking 'it's mine, it's mine'! Did you get the Roger Lascelles clock for Christmas?
Best wishes, Liz

kelly said...

This is a wonderful place. the doors are lovely and the window seats are something I have always wanted! Cant wait to see it as the work progresses. ( Gorgeous doggy too!)

ElementalGrace said...

Liz and Kelly - thanks for stopping by!

Kelly - The window seats and the beams were also things that I've always wanted and I am so pleased to have so many of them!!

Liz - No, sadly I didn't get the clock for Christmas, but I did get my sister a gorgeous mantel clock from your website and she loved it, so I'm hoping that she'll return the favour as a housewarming gift! ;)

Heather B. said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Heather B.

p.s. Thanks for following my blog. Sorry I haven't stopped by sooner!