Monday, 16 February 2009

Bathroom: Day 1

Well the builders are here, they are lifting carpets, and hammering the hell out of various stud walls, to work out where various pipes go and whether they're needed ... so I'm letting them get on with it.

The good news is that we've discovered original floorboards under the (soon to be) bathroom, so the carpet's getting ripped up and we're going to treat them. I'm so pleased as I've always loved original floorboardsand hoped that I'd be able to have them, and now I can :)

And here are some photos of the bathroom after a bit of labour ....





Tomorrow, they're removing the extractor fan vents from the downstairs bathroom, replacing the tiles on the roof from where the vent exits, doing all the underfloor plumbing for the bathroom, replacing the floorboards, sanding them down and treating them.

Oh isn't it exciting?

No comments: