Monday, 2 March 2009

Kitchen update

Not a long one today as utterly exhausted. Came home on Friday to find the kitchen wall demolished and the downstairs bathroom totally taken out - woop! See photos below. My builder and his girlfriend are wonderful people.






On a not so cheery-making note, the company who's supplying my furniture 'forgot' to make my bookcases so they're a week late and the kitchen company apparently had no record on their system that they were supposed to be delivering tomorrow, and have had to delay until Thursday AND the guy who was supposed to be replacing the boiler apparently didn't get my acceptance email and now can't do anything until the end of the month.

I find it ASTONISHING. Is bad customer service par for the course these days or is this just bad luck? Clearly a delayed Friday 13th effect. Humph.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I have to stop by and say thank you for visiting my blog. I really appreciate your comment and hope you;ll stop by again. Renovating, huh? My husband and I have been for years,, I mean years. I can't wait to see the finished product and I'll stop by again soon.. blessings..Tracey

ElementalGrace said...

Hey Tracey, thanks for stopping by. Will definitely - and add you to my bloglist if you don't mind.

I'm looking forward to the ongoing reparations and decorations but the basics like the kitchen and bathroom really need doing before I get cracking! :)